This hanging 8-frame deep contains 1 frame of brood comb, 7 frames with foundation and a swarm lure. A hole saw was used to create two entrances - one that you can see and another on the bottom side.
Hanging swarm trap advantages:
- no ladder climbing required with this rope hanging scheme
- large volume created by 8 deep frames
- movable frames can be transferred into other deep boxes without cutting comb
- bottom entrance encourages complete move-in and discourages comb building beneath the box
- sustainable alternative to splitting
- requires foundation as the swarm trap is not left-right level