3qt deep division board feeder. I fed two new bee packages using a deep division board feeder, where the feeder took the place of one outermost deep frame. The new feeders were tested for leaks using water, then 3qts of syrup (plus Honey-B-Healthy) was added and topped up with more syrup as needed. I opened the small black door and poured syrup into the middle filling compartment which raised the floats and bees too. If the bees became defensive, then I:
A second deep box was added when all the wax strips had lots of comb. I moved one frame of comb (as bait) and the deep division board feeder to the second deep box. After seven weeks, comb inside the feeders began to interfere with the floats and the division board feeders were replaced with wax strips and I started pail feeding.
- try to slow down my (hand) movements
- slid (not removed) the inner cover to the right exposing only the feeder