Sunday, June 30, 2019

my book picks

bee, beekeeping, darwinian beekeeping, bumble bee, nature writer, Dave Goulson, Thomas D. Seeley, neonicotinoid, Wendell Berry, butterfly,
In Waterstones (UK bookseller), I discovered a phenomenal nature writer, Dave Goulson.   I read two of his books and recommend to beekeepers Goulson's 2014 book, A Buzz in the Meadow.  Then move onto Goulson's 2013 book, A Sting in the Tale.  In chapters 13 and 14 of A Buzz in the Meadow, Goulson discuses these interesting topics:


bee, beekeeping, darwinian beekeeping, bumble bee, nature writer, Dave Goulson, Thomas D. Seeley, neonicotinoid, Wendell Berry, butterfly,
I'm reading The Lives of Bees by Thomas D Seeley.  If you are interested in honey bees living and evolving in the wild, then I recommend this 2019 book for you. Here's the first quote in the first chapter.

No comments: